We will not be having an Open Gardens event in 2020 but as the lockdown restrictions are eased, we hope to
be able to open some private gardens for visiting by appointment.
Many thanks to all of the people who opened their gardens and to those who visited our event
on Sunday, 28th July 2019. The event raised over £400 for the Fishermen's Mission and additional
amounts for other charities through the sales of plants and refreshments at the gardens.
We have had a lot of positive responses and we were hoping to be able to open our gardens again in 2020.
Unfortunately, the Covid-19 situation means that we will not be able to hold the event this year but we
hope to be publishing some photographs of local gardens here soon.
- The event runs from 12 noon to 5 p.m.
- Start the tour at the Borgue Hotel in Borgue village
- Tickets are £5 per person or £10 per car with 2 or more people. Free for children and cyclists
- Please car share to ease congestion and parking
- You will be given a leaflet of garden information and a map of the garden locations
- Gardens will have signs out on the roadside
- All proceeds from the ticket sales will be donated to the
- Some gardens will be selling plants and/or refreshments - see individual garden information
- Most gardens allow dogs on leads - see individual garden information for details
If you have any questions or comments, please email John Shields
or phone (01557) 870678.
If you would like your garden to participate in the event, please send your garden details, similar to the ones below,
via email to John Shields
including some photographs if you have them.
These are the gardens that have entered the event so far.
Please enter your garden details here..
Borgue Garden Map
The interactive map below shows the location of the gardens on the tour. Each garden is marked with this symbol:
. Hover your mouse over the image to see the garden name.
to download an image of the map with the gardens on it.